Generated files from other modules. Sharpening should typically be a very last step, so you should use this module near the end of your workflow.
- Working directory. This module only sharpens images in this directory.
- Prefix of files to sharpen, e.g. SI_SRC_PREFIX="enf_".
- Prefix of files after sharpening. If this variable is set, this module will use convert. Otherweise, it will sharpen the images in-place using mogrify.
- Extension of files after sharpening. Only used if SI_DST_PREFIX is not null. If unset, use extension of source-image.
- Currently, this module only supports sharpening with ImageMagick's mogrify command. Set SI_METHOD to a suitable method, e.g. -unsharp or -adaptive-sharpen. This config-variable defaults to SI_METHOD=-unsharp.
- Parameters for the given sharpening method. Defaults to SI_PARMS=0x1.
This module allows automatic sharpening of images. It's current implementation is limited to the methods provided by ImageMagick, but it could be easily extend. But bear in mind that optimal sharpening can only be done on a per image basis, so for an automated workflow processing many images with the same parameters, the available sharpening methods from ImageMagick should produce good enough results.
The default sharpening method is -unsharp, which will provide results as good as GIMP's or Photoshop's unsharp-operations. For a discussion of the parameters of -unsharp and their relationship to GIMP and Photoshop-parameters, you should read this discussion and the documentation of the parameters at ImageMagick.